Wednesday 20 February 2013

Who the hell was Jane Austin?

"One does not love a place the less for having suffered in it, unless it has been all suffering, nothing but suffering." -Jane Austen, novelist (1775-1817) - as per the wordsmith site

We know she wrote a certain book that was made into a movie, but that does not make her into less of an idiot. The greatest idiot is however not Jane for having said some idiotic things, but rather those who quote her as if it was words of wisdom. We do not know the context in which she said quoted words. I am definitely not planning on trying to read all her books just to find out in what context those words were said, so if anybody want to point me in some direction, please feel welcome to do so.

Quoting somebody out of context is just either lazy, or displaying a lack of understanding of those words. I am willing to give quoted site the benefit of the doubt here. The person who made the quote probably don't have any idea what those words mean, or he or she just had a job to do and possible just randomly chose a quote. It is possible that that person might have actually found inspiration in those words and wanted to share these pealrs of wisdom.

Truth is, I hate a certain place, which previously had conjured positive images to my mind. I Iike to refer to that place as the Ghost Town. Millions of people think that place place is a wonderful place. I have suffered psychologically at that place and therefore I love the place less. If I am abnormal in this kind of reaction, then I will gladly accept my defeat, but as at today, nobody has at yet even even attempted to convince me of my own ways of error.

I keep similar negative image in the back of my mind concerning other places as well. As I write these paragraphs, more negative images apear in my mind that can be linked to places I hold no affinity towards.

I have no interest in ever again visiting the grounds at which I did my military training. I have never gone back to that place to reminisce about the good old times. I have no plan to ever return, and if I by some circumstance drive past that place again, I will do my utmost to excrement upon entry.

I hold very similar feeling towards the place where I held my first job a 10 year old child. I had certain traumatic experience there in the scrap yard, which I have no interest in being reminded of. Similar feelings are in my mind regarding the location of my job as auditor.

Come to think of it. Seems like I had a traumatic childhood, without actually realizing it!

Come to think of it, if the words of esteemed Jane held any truth whatsoever, man would have been extinct by now. Man's very ability to recognize places of danger and thereby avoid such places is not very uncommon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment