Thursday 7 March 2013

Cape Town, here I come

I will be in Cape Town for the next 2 days. Nation Dealer Awards.

When looking for a pretty picture of Cape Town to add to this post I realized such a thing does not exist.

My ability to notice beauty must be clouded. My idea of beauty is surely different from the rest. What I noticed about photos of Cape Town, is that almost all the photos on google is about, wait for it, yes, the Cape Town stadium at Green point. I had to search for a photo that does not have that ugly blob in the middle, and this one is of the harbor. Not exactly beautiful.

I realized my idea of beauty is clouded by my experience. Beauty for me is natural. A desert scene is beautiful. Somehow a sea s not beautiful. Reminds my of the Ghost Town.

More important to me is a beautiful experience and not a beautiful scene. Sitting for 2 hours talking to Anne about writing songs is my idea of a beautiful experience. Listening to a group of people singing a song I wrote is my idea of beauty. A big office with pictures against the wall is not beautiful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment